Overview
- The victim, Kallu Tati, 25, was taken Friday evening while returning from a government school in Lendra village and killed later that night, police said.
- Officers said the killing fits a pattern of assaults on visiting teachers in the Bastar region by Maoist cadres who suspect them of aiding security forces.
- Police reported that five shikshadoots have been killed in Bijapur and four in Sukma so far in 2025.
- A team of security forces has been dispatched to the location, and authorities said further details are awaited.
- More than 30 civilians have been killed in Maoist violence across Bastar’s seven districts this year, with the attacks eroding efforts to reopen schools after a decades-long shutdown.