Overview
- All three students arrived in Quebec on Friday after flights from Saudi Arabia through London.
- The trainees, enrolled at Quebec’s maritime institute, had been placed on two Desgagnés cargo vessels for their program.
- The ships have been unable to move since Feb. 28 because Iran blocked most international traffic through the Strait of Hormuz.
- Institute director Mélanie Leblanc said the students are in good spirits and that they and their families are declining media interviews for now.
- Desgagnés noted its vessels sail under the Barbados flag with foreign crews, and Transport Canada said it is not aware of other Canadian-owned ships stuck in the region.