Overview
- After water damage in building No. 2 overnight Wednesday–Thursday, detainees in building No. 3 repeated the flooding on Thursday night, according to union and prison sources cited by AFP and RTL.
- Roughly 20 inmates were identified in the second incident, with guards clearing water from the walkways as prisoners banged on doors with kitchen utensils, a FO Justice representative said.
- Two prisoners claimed to have swallowed batteries, which a union representative described as a false alert intended to disrupt the night shift, and no medical extractions were planned.
- The prison administration said the episodes show the QLCO regime is restricting outside communication and confirmed that disciplinary commissions will soon hear the identified cases.
- The Vendin-le-Vieil QLCO houses about 88 recent transferees whose challenges to their transfer and conditions have so far failed, unions are demanding firm sanctions, and some inmates are threatening a collective hunger strike next week.