Particle.news

Download on the App Store

Report: Guardians' Emmanuel Clase and Luis Ortiz Kept on Leave Through Rest of 2025 Season

The move leaves Cleveland without two key pitchers as MLB's gambling investigation proceeds with no announced outcome.

Overview

  • Reporter Francys Romero said on X that Luis Ortiz will remain on the restricted list and Emmanuel Clase on administrative leave through the end of the season.
  • Both pitchers are under investigation for potential gambling involvement tied to in-game prop and micro-betting, according to the reporting.
  • MLB placed Ortiz on paid leave on July 3 and added Clase on July 28, and the previously scheduled leaves through August have been extended, per reports.
  • The Ohio Casino Control Commission is also investigating and is working with MLB, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported.
  • Manager Stephen Vogt said the team is focusing on daily preparation as Cleveland, 66-66 entering Friday, tries to stay in the American League wild-card chase.