Particle.news

Download on the App Store

RCB Pledges Rs 25 Lakh to Each Family of Chinnaswamy Stampede Victims

The pledge launches RCB Cares, a program the team says will fund long-term support for those affected.

Overview

  • RCB said the payments come under its newly announced RCB Cares initiative, described as a sustained commitment to meaningful action.
  • The announcement increases the franchise’s previously stated support from Rs 10 lakh per bereaved family in June.
  • Eleven people died in the June 4 crowd surge outside M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, with more than 50 others injured during title celebrations.
  • The team ended a three-month social media hiatus to issue the statement and said it had been grieving in silence.
  • Operational repercussions persist, with Women's ODI World Cup matches moved from Bengaluru to Mumbai and the Maharaja Trophy shifted to Mysuru after the venue was denied clearance.