Overview
- Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto announced an entry ban on Robert Brovdi, calling the Druzhba strike an attack on Hungary’s sovereignty that endangered energy security and nearly forced use of strategic reserves.
- Szijjarto said the restriction applies to Hungary and the wider Schengen Area.
- Kyiv condemned the decision; President Volodymyr Zelensky called it outrageous, and the Foreign Ministry summoned Hungary’s ambassador to deliver a formal protest.
- Brovdi, an ethnic Hungarian who leads Ukraine’s Unmanned Systems Forces, previously said drones hit a Transneft Druzhba pumping station in Russia’s Bryansk region on Aug. 22.
- Hungary and Slovakia have asked the European Commission to act over what they describe as repeated attacks on Druzhba flows, while Ukraine’s foreign minister accused Budapest of siding with an aggressor.