Overview
- The Houthi presidency announced that Ahmed al-Rahawi and several ministers were killed Thursday during a routine government workshop in the capital, with other officials wounded.
- The Israeli military said it hit a Houthi military target in Sanaa with precision and has not confirmed any fatalities, and independent verification of the reported deaths remains unavailable.
- Houthi political leader Mehdi al-Mashat vowed retaliation, while the movement said its governing institutions continue to operate.
- Al-Rahawi, appointed in August 2024 and previously aligned with former president Ali Abdullah Saleh, would be the most senior Houthi figure reported killed since the campaign against the group began.
- The strike reflects ongoing Israel–U.S. efforts to deter Houthi missile and drone attacks on Israel and Red Sea shipping, raising concerns over broader regional and maritime security.