Particle.news

Harry and Meghan Plan Return to the UK

Reports say the couple intend to base their family in a private, non‑royal home so their children can start British school in September, a move that leaves security arrangements and the permanence of the relocation unresolved.

Overview

  • Multiple British outlets reported on Wednesday and Thursday that Prince Harry, Meghan and their two children plan to move to the UK this month and that the children are registered to begin school in September.
  • The family is said to be taking a private residence outside London and will remain private, non‑working members of the royal family rather than resuming official duties.
  • There has been no formal confirmation from the Sussexes or Buckingham Palace, though reports say King Charles and other senior royals were told and the king welcomed the chance to see his grandchildren more often.
  • Security and legal questions remain unresolved because Harry has long argued his family needs state police protection and British authorities have previously denied the same automatic security the working royals receive.
  • The move builds on recent private family contact, the couple’s continued property ties in the US and Portugal, and Meghan’s business plans, and it could increase royal proximity while also drawing renewed media scrutiny and debate over official protection and the couple’s long‑term status.