Particle.news

Download on the App Store

DW Accuses Israeli Forces of Targeting Its Team During Ramallah Raid

The broadcaster released video that it says shows soldiers directing weapons and tear gas at clearly identified reporters.

Overview

  • DW says its crew in Ramallah on Tuesday — correspondent Fanny Facsar, cameraman Rajai Khateeb and a local cameraman — was threatened with guns and hit with tear gas while wearing press-marked gear, with no physical injuries reported.
  • The outlet published footage of the encounter, while the Israeli military has described the operation as a raid on money changers suspected of channeling funds to Hamas.
  • Eyewitnesses reported live fire and tear gas during the raid, and the Palestinian Health Ministry said about 30 people were injured, with some hospitalized.
  • DW director-general Peter Limbourg condemned what he called repeated attacks on the outlet’s journalists, citing a July incident in which settlers allegedly chased and threw stones at a DW team.
  • In a separate case reported this week, the army confirmed detaining a Palestinian man last week in the West Bank and said an unknown underground structure was found under his home, while Haaretz said the Supreme Court secured his release and sought clarification after medical concerns arose.