Particle.news

Download on the App Store

At Least 3 Killed, 4 Wounded in Armed Attack Outside Hospital Civil de Culiacán

An interagency security force now guards the site pending identification of the attackers.

Overview

  • Gunmen opened fire at the hospital’s main entrance around 8 p.m. Friday on Avenida Álvaro Obregón, striking people seated outside, according to local reports.
  • Proceso reports three people were killed and at least four were injured, including a 13-year-old girl and a 47-year-old woman.
  • The Sinaloa public security ministry said its Grupo Interinstitucional is on site conducting security tasks and urged drivers to proceed with caution.
  • Authorities closed traffic on Álvaro Obregón for a security operation, reported no arrests, and opened an investigation into those responsible.
  • Images circulating on social media show bullet damage to the façade, blood on the ground, and vehicles hit, and local accounts said the attack followed violence hours earlier in Tepuchito.