Overview
- U.S. District Judge Timothy Brooks added Conway School District to Arkansas litigation and ordered all posted Ten Commandments removed by 5 p.m. on Aug. 29.
- Brooks previously enjoined displays in four northwest Arkansas districts, writing that Act 573 is likely to violate the First Amendment rights of public‑school families statewide.
- In Texas, U.S. District Judge Fred Biery temporarily blocked the display mandate for 11 named districts in an Aug. 20 ruling.
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton told districts not covered by that order to comply with SB 10, and Conroe ISD says it will post the required signs by the first class on Sept. 2.
- Civil‑liberties groups have sued and warned other districts against implementation, noting Supreme Court precedent, as supporters seek a case that could reach the high court.