Overview
- Jones’ barrister flagged a possible application for a temporary stay depending on what outstanding subpoenaed material yields, which could postpone the August 3 Local Court hearing.
- Police and prosecutors are still reviewing tens of thousands of pages, with several of the defence’s roughly two dozen subpoenas yet to be fully returned and further arguments set for May 4.
- Magistrate Glenn Walsh said the four‑month hearing could run into January as the Crown refines its case and indicates several previously listed witnesses will not be required.
- Jones, 84, has pleaded not guilty to 27 charges involving nine complainants, with alleged conduct spanning 2003 to 2020 at private residences, workplaces and public venues including the Sydney Opera House and a Mosman restaurant.
- Strike Force Bonnefin arrested Jones in November 2024 following reporting by The Age and the Herald, and Jones maintains the allegations are baseless and says he will contest every charge.